iMcV-DS3/E3/STS converters are perfect for service providers and enterprise campus networks utilizing DS3/E3/STS coaxial circuits. The modules enable users to convert coax media to single-mode fiber and extend the distance of data transmissions over MAN access networks up to 80 km. The modules support premises networking applications to convert the incoming circuit to fiber for distribution into the structured cabling system.
The Line Term modules include standards compliant for Alarm Indication Signals (AIS) for signal loss condition propagation, and are Layer 1 modules.
The LineTerm modules are installed as a HOST-REMOTE pair and can be remotely managed when the HOST is installed in an iMediaChassis with an SNMP–Management Module. This enables network managers to conduct loopback testing, to monitor, and to manage units located up to 80 km away. Since B&B Electronics’ management technology functions transparently to the user data, real-time, end-to-end management is provided at all times.
- Protocol-Selectable — Operates at DS3 (45 Mbps), E3 (34 Mbps) or STS-1 (52 Mbps) protocols
- Ability to manage remote unit
- Two types of loopback tests
- Full bit rate for customer traffic
- Jitter attenuation
- Line build out
- Installs in iMediaChassis or MediaChassis chassis*
- Supports GUI-Based iView²
- 50/125µm or 62.5/125µm multi-mode fiber
- 9/125µm single-mode fiber
- Available for single-strand fiber
- Dimensions 4.19”H x 0.78”W x 2.75”D (10.74 x 2 x 7.05 cm)
- Shipping Weight 0.30 lbs (0.11 kg)
- Operating Temperature: +32° to +122° F (0° to +50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -13° to +158° F (-25° to +70° C)
- Operating Humidity 5% to 95% (non-condensing), 0 – 10,000 ft. altitude
- FCC Class A